Auberge de La Fontaine takes the environment to heart
Since September 2013, Auberge de La Fontaine is proud to announce that it has achieved a 3 Green Key rating through the Green Key Eco-Rating Program.
A 3 Green Key rating demonstrates that the Auberge de La Fontaine has taken significant steps to protect the environment. Strong environmental programs, best management practices, training programs, and engineering solutions have been implemented which have benefited the environment and the local community.
Here are a few steps taken by the Auberge:
- Installation of recycling bins in each room, computer stations and in the meeting room.
- Towel & Linen Reuse Programs: encouraging guests to reuse towels and linens to reduce washing water.
- Gradual replacement of regular incandescent light bulbs by energy-efficient compact fluorescent lights (CFLs).
- Reusable table cloths in the dining room and meeting room.
- Use of biodegradable and Ecologo certified cleaning products.
- Installation of recyclable plastic shampoo and soap dispenser pumps in each room.
- Use of 100% recycled, eco-friendly tissues and toilet paper.
- Installation of water-saving shower heads and faucets aerator.
- 100% non smoking environment.
- Use of environmentally friendly «zero voc» paints during renovations.
- Purchase of Energy Star rated appliances.
- Donation of furniture and bedding during renovations.
- Reuse and revitalization of existing furniture.
About Green Key
The Green Key Eco-Rating Programis the first of its kind to rank, certify and inspect hotels and resorts in North America based on their commitment to sustainable “green” operations. The program was originally developed for the Hotel Association of Canada by a leading environmental engineering firm. Designed specifically for hotel operations, the Green Key Eco-Rating Program is a comprehensive environmental self-assessment that will allow each participating property to benefit on several fronts.
Visit www.greenkeyglobal.com for more information.